What Is a Dual-Fuel System?
Want all the benefits a heat pump has to offer, plus some backup protection to ensure you never miss out on comfort?
Heat pumps offer an eco-friendly way to keep your home comfortable. They provide heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. They are extremely efficient but may struggle to provide enough warmth during below-freezing weather.
A dual-fuel system is the solution! It pairs your heat pump with a furnace.
At Carrier Colorado, we are committed to informing you on the best and most effective heating and cooling methods for your home. Whether you need to install or service a dual-fuel system or have other heating and cooling needs, you can find a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer on our Carrier Colorado Dealer Directory!
Look through our directory to find an expert in Southern Colorado, Northern Colorado, Eastern Plains, Western Slope, Denver Metro-West, Denver Metro-East, Denver Metro-North, and Denver Metro-South area.
What Is a Dual-Fuel System?
A dual-fuel system—also known as a hybrid heat system—combines the strengths of two heating sources: a heat pump and a furnace. This system is designed to automatically switch between the two heat sources based on the outdoor temperature.
When the weather is milder, your heat pump can be used for efficient heating. When temperatures drop significantly, your furnace will take over to provide reliable warmth. You can optimize your energy use with this dynamic duo!
Benefits of a Dual-Fuel System
Some advantages you can expect from installing a dual-fuel system in your home include:
- Offers Greater Energy Efficiency: A dual-fuel system maximizes energy savings by utilizing the heat pump’s energy-efficient operation during moderate temperatures and the furnace’s heating power during extreme cold.
- Helps You Save Money: Depending on your home’s size, you could save over $500 annually on energy costs by setting up a dual-fuel system [LINK: energy.gov], according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Contributes to a Greener Planet: Heat pumps use electricity to transfer energy rather than generate it, making them more environmentally friendly than fuel-burning appliances. Using your heat pump during moderate temperature days reduces your carbon footprint.
- Ensures Your Comfort: The system’s automatic switching ensures that you enjoy consistent indoor comfort—no matter how low the temperature is outside.
- Allows for Versatile Performance: Dual-fuel systems are versatile, offering effective winter heating and efficient summer cooling.
- Features Smart Technology: Many dual-fuel systems come equipped with advanced controls that optimize the switching between heating sources, ensuring seamless operation.
Finding a Trusted Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
To experience the benefits of a dual-fuel system, working with professionals who understand your heating and cooling needs is important. Our dealer directory lists a complete network of Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers who are experts in installing, replacing, repairing, and maintaining top-notch Carrier heating and cooling systems.
Browse our directory to find a certified expert to provide exceptional service and ensure that your dual-fuel system operates at its best.
A dual-fuel system offers a smart and efficient solution for your home’s heating and cooling needs. With the ability to switch between a heat pump and a furnace as needed, you can enjoy reduced energy expenses, maximum energy efficiency, and consistent comfort.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to optimize your Colorado home’s comfort while reducing your energy expenses. Explore our dealer directory to find a trusted Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer who can guide you with all of your heating and cooling needs.